Over on the BritMums forums, some of the newbie bloggers have been sharing round a ‘Getting to Know You Meme’. When I saw this, two questions came to mind; ‘What the hell is a MeMe?’ and ‘Can I join in please?’ I got the answers to both, and I was tagged by The Cycling Mummy, so here goes!
Here are the rules:-
1. Post 5 random facts about yourself
2. Choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
3. Tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs
4. Answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate
5. No tag backs
My 5 random facts:-
1. I played the double bass for 10 years. Bluffed my arse off but managed to graduate to a great Youth Orchestra and got to go on tour to Italy. Amazing experience.
2. I have a twin brother. For one moment or two when I went for my first scan with Amelia we wondered if it would be two babies!
3. I am terrible, and I mean terrible at maths. I still don’t know my times tables.
4. My hubby is 10 years older than me. We met when I was 16. Yes it was all very dramatic when my family found out…
5. I lived in Liverpool for a year when I did my teacher training. Great city and great people. 🙂
I got some great questions given to me from a fellow Emma (The Cycling Mummy), and here are my answers:-
1. If you could have 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Oh…..that’s a toughie. Two sensible wishes and one frivolous one is called for. I think I would wish for financial security for my family and friends. I would wish there was no hunger in the world (very Miss America-type response but true nonetheless) and my frivolous one would be to be Dr Who’s assistant. Not asking for much, am I?
2. What are you addicted/obsessed with?
It’s incredibly sad but I’m addicted to crocheting. I cannot stop the urge to pick up my crochet hook and make something. I find it really relaxing – I’m one of those people that can’t just ‘sit’ to relax, I have to be occupied in some small way. I’m also addicted to crisps and I’m currently obsessed with Modern Family; “Happy-Valen-Birth-Aversary!” – Phil. Soooo funny.
3. 1 thing that really makes you angry?
Sorry I can’t pick just one thing. I have three, so feel free to read just one, or indulge and read them all –
– Smoking (Needs no explanation)
– Racism (especially the ignorant types who just inanely repeat what they hear their parents say and have no valid opinion or reason of their own for the racism – not that there would ever be one of course, but you know what I mean)
– People who think they are the centre of the universe and that everything you do/don’t do is about or because of them. The world is too big and life is too short to obsess about other people’s motives. Move onwards and upwards, that’s what I say!
4. 1 thing that really makes you happy
My family. Simples 🙂 I have the best, most loving, funniest, silliest, most comfortable, generous, easygoing, honest and warmest family I could hope for – the cheese is literally dripping of this sentence now so I will stop.
5. What is your perfect idea of relaxation?
A stormy day outside with thunder and lightning, and the rain battering the windows, while I’m tucked up inside with my pyjamas on and a mug of hot tea, watching ‘Jane Eyre’ – the BBC one with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephens. Love it.
Now for my questions to:-
2. Scottish Mama
3. Homeless Mummy
4. Glitzy Gleam
5. Mistakes of a First Time Mummy
Question 1. Your house is on fire. Which 3 things would you save (not counting people!)
Question 2. What is your best feature?
Question 3. If you could bring one person back from the dead to spend an hour in their company, who would it be?
Question 4. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Question 5. What’s your idea of the perfect day?