I don’t know about anyone else, but lockdown has had both positives and negatives for me. Positive? Getting to spend more time with my children, reading more and being out in the fresh air more than I ever have. Negatives? Plenty, of course. Not being able to visit or hug my extended family, not getting to do my job (which, before you say it – I genuinely love) and having to manage homeschooling. As teacher, it is nigh on impossible to teach your own kids.
But one of the other positives has been my beauty routine – or should I say lack thereof. Because I’m hardly wearing makeup at all anymore. Except for those days when I have Zoom meetings and have to make some sort of effort! But even though I’ve not been wearing much makeup, I’ve had a little extra time to properly pay attention to my skin care routine. One brand I really genuinely love because of its ethos, great products and natural ingredients is Elave and I’ve really pleased that I can easily get it delivered to my door from gardinerfamilyapothecary.com. Because I’m out in the fresh air more often, it is so important that I safeguard my skin and there are several products from Elave that help with that. If you are looking for skin friendly moisturizer and other products, then have a look at this…
- Daily Lip Defence SPF20 (£7.99) – you can moisturize and protect your lips with this multi-action formula with Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, naturally-derived collagen and vitamin E.
- Daily Skin Defence SPF45 (£20.75)– protect your face and repair environmental damage with this anti-oxidant oil-free formula with invisible zinc and vitamins B5 and E. Offers high UVA and UVB protection. It is so smooth and soft, really lovely to use.
- Rejuvenating Cleansing Treatment (£24.30) – a 12% glycolic acid arginine complex gently which exfoliates and rejuvenates the skin to promote cellular regeneration and stimulate collagen synthesis, revealing younger, brighter skin.
- Skin Balancing Moisturiser (£18) – naturally derived prebiotics regulate the skin’s balance, while antimicrobial Manuka honey, vitamins B5 and E, natural glycerin and hyaluronic acid boost hydration and minimise the appearance of fine lines and blemishes – a must as I ap
- Hand Treatment (£7.99) – hands can be a dead giveaway of age! This unique combination of shea butter, coconut oil and emollients will repair and hydrate damaged dermis.